- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
Wenger Eyes Move For Brazilian Playmaker – Report
Reports today claim that Arsenal are lining-up a move for Brazilian playmaker Diego this summer.
The 29-year-old joined Atletico Madrid from Wolfsburg in January on a short-term contract until the end of the season but is set to be a free agent after the La Liga leaders decided against offering him an extension.
A move back to his homeland has been touted but it seems Arsene is ready to offer him the chance to remain in Europe and play at the highest level, with reports in Spain claiming that the boss wants to bring him to the Emirates this summer.
Diego has 33 caps for Brazil and has enjoyed stints at Porto, Juventus, Werder Bremen, Wolfsburg as well as Madrid, so he certainly knows his way around Europe but he’s never tested himself in the Premier League, which would be a bit of a concern for me.
He’s only managed 13 appearances for Atletico since joining in January, with many coming from the bench, so he’s not had as much game-time as he’d have hoped at the Vicente Calderon. He did remind us all of his obvious ability with an absolute belter against Barcelona in the Champions League, but on the whole he’s been a bit of a disappointment in Spain.
It wouldn’t be the worst move to bring him in on a one-year deal but I think we should be aiming a little higher this summer. He wouldn’t get in the first team and at his age, he needs to be playing regularly, so I think we should pass on this one.