- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
Arsenal Boost As French Ace ‘Agrees New Contract’ – Report
Arsenal appear to have been handed a timely boost with reports in France claiming that Laurent Koscielny has agreed terms over a new five-year contract extension.
The club have been working hard in recent months tying down important first team players to new deals with the likes of Per Mertesakcer, Santi Cazorla, Aaron Ramsey and Tomas Rosicky among those to pen new contracts.
Speculation back in February suggested that we had also opened talks with Koscielny’s camp and it seems we may now have found an agreement with French outlet Le10Sport claiming that the 28-year-old has agreed to sign a deal keeping him at the club until 2019.
It would come as a huge boost if this news is true as Kos has become a vital member of the team, forging an excellent partnership alongside Mertesacker at the back.
His impressive form has attracted interest from a whole host of top European clubs, but it looks like Kos is ready to snub the likes of Bayern Munich, Barcelona and PSG in order to extend his stay at the Emirates.
Obviously the remaining player we desperately need to agree terms with is Koscielny’s compatriot, Bacary Sagna. But with negotiations stalled it looks increasingly likely that he’ll leave the club on a free transfer this summer, leaving a huge void for Arsene to fill.