- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Arsenal To ‘Make £12m Schneiderlin Bid’
According to reports, Arsenal are set to table a £12m bid for Southampton midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin at the end of the season.
We were in for Schneiderlin last summer and is was widely reported back in January that we had an unspecified formal offer turned down by the Saints.
However, it seems Arsene Wenger hasn’t given up hope of landing the France international with the Daily Star claiming that we will go back in with a £12m offer in the coming weeks.
The boss has supposedly made a defensive midfielder a top priority this summer, along with a new striker, and it appears Schneiderlin is right at the top of his hit-list.
The report comes after another target, Lars Bender, confirmed he’s not interested in leaving Bayer Leverkusen this summer so it seems Wenger may now have turned his attention to the Southampton ace.
The 24-year-old has been in excellent form over the past 24 months and I think he’d be a superb signing. It’s clear we need an athletic defensive midfielder to replace Mikel Arteta next season and as he has plenty of Premier League experience, Schneiderlin may actually be a better bet than Bender, and he’s likely to be a little cheaper too.
Hopefully we can get a deal done but I don’t think Southampton will let him go easily, especially if the likes of Luke Shaw and Adam Lallana are prized away.