- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
TEAM: Preferred Arsenal Starting Line-Up To Play West Brom
We play our final home match of the season when West Bromwich Albion are the visitors to the Emirates on Sunday afternoon. Here is the team I’d like to see start.
Arsene Wenger’s team selection decisions are likely to change if Man City beat Everton on Saturday night, as it would ensure we secure fourth place without kicking a ball, but I’m going to go on the assumption that we still need to win this game;
Goalkeeper: No change here, Szczesny to start.
Defence: Arsene Wenger confirmed at his pre-match press conference this morning that Bacary Sagna is a doubt for the game after picking up a knee injury in training this week. I don’t think we’ll take any chances with the French international so Carl Jenkinson is likely to come in and deputise at right-back.
Kieran Gibbs is close to making a comeback but this game will come too soon so Nacho Monreal will continue at left-back.
Midfield: Jack Wilshere is still not fit to return to the squad but Mathieu Flamini and Kim Kallstrom are pushing for recalls. However, I see no reason to change things in midfield as Mikel Arteta looks far more comfortable with Aaron Ramsey back alongside him, so I’d stick with those two and give them a rest against Norwich.
Attack: Lukas Podolski has played a lot of football lately, having started the last four games, so I’d be tempted to give him a rest. Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is still short of fitness so Tomas Rosicky could be the man to come in. Otherwise, I’d like to see Mesut Ozil and Santi Cazorla keep their places then possibly give them a breather on the final day if we get the job done.
Striker. Likewise, I’d start Olivier Giroud against West Brom and then give Yaya Sanogo a run-out against Norwich if fourth is secured.
Here’s how the team would line-up:
This team should have more than enough to beat West Brom, especially now they are clear of the relegation zone and are practically safe.
What do you think of my team? What side would you play?