- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
16-Goal Striker “Will Move To Arsenal” This Summer
German legend Lothar Matthaus has once again insisted that Swiss international striker Josip Drmic will join Arsenal at the end of the season.
Matthaus caused a stir earlier this month after claiming that Drmic’s wife was looking for flats in London ahead of move to the Emirates. This was subsequently denied by the strikers current club Nuremburg while the player remained coy when quizzed about his future.
However, Matthaus has been at it again and while he admits he was mistaken to say Drmic was married, he insists the 21-year-old’s girlfriend has been house-hunting in the capital and maintains that his information suggests the player is Arsenal-bound this summer.
“Although now Dortmund, Gladbach and Leverkusen also have interest in him. I’m saying: Josip Drmic will move to Arsenal.”
“I made a mistake. I said his wife was already looking at apartments. The fact is that this is his girlfriend. Drmic has a girlfriend of nine months. She lived five or six months with him in Nuremberg.
“Look, if a journalist hears something, he researches and writes about it. I’m kind of a journalist at Sky and have heard the rumour of a move to Arsenal.
“I then found out that this is true and he’s going there. So the research is clear.” [source: London24]
Matthaus works as a pundit for German television and has previously been correct when announcing other transfers involving players at Bundesliga clubs. Robert Lewandowski to Bayern being one while he was also one of the first to announce that Pierre Emerick Aubameyang would join Dortmund last summer.
Whether he’ll be proved right in this case remains to be seen but he sounds pretty convinced that the striker will join Arsenal.
Drmic has been forging an impressive reputation in Germany this season after scoring 16 goals in 30 appearances for Nuremburg and he’s got 2 in 5 caps for Swizerland. As well as having a goal threat he’s quick across the ground, so he’d bring some much-needed pace to our squad if he does end up joining us this summer.
I’d be glad to see Drmic come to Arsenal as we desperately need reinforcements up front, but only if we also bring in a more established name as well. We’ve got enough youngsters with ‘potential’. It’s time for us to buy the finished article who can make us genuine title challengers next season.