- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
Wenger Confirms Injury Boost As Star Returns To Training
Arsene Wenger has confirmed midfielder Jack Wilshere has returned to training and hopes he’ll play again this season.
Jack hasn’t featured for us since the 1st March after he broke a bone in his foot while playing for England in a ‘friendly’ against Denmark.
The 22-year-old was initially expected to be out for around six weeks but unsurprisingly, the injury has taken longer than expected to heal and it’s taken him nearly eight weeks just to get back training again.
However, speaking to Arsenal.com on Monday night after our 3-0 win over Newcastle, Arsene confirmed that Wilshere is now back training with the squad but he still doesn’t know when he’ll be in contention for the first team again or if he’ll even play again this season.
Jack is training already. It can’t tell you when he will be ready. I hope he will be back this season but I can’t tell you that tonight
Arsene said last week that he though Jack might be able to play a part in our final two games of the season so hopefully he can get a couple of weeks training under his belt and return to the squad against Norwich on the final day of the season.
He’d most likely get a run-out in the second half against the Canaries and if he shows no ill-effects, he’d then be in contention to start in the FA Cup final against Hull at Wembley.