- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
Arsenal ‘Open Talks’ With Agent Of €30m Attacker – Report
Arsenal have make contact with the agent of Antoine Griezmann after making the €30m-rated attacker one of their top summer transfer targets, according to reports.
Arsene Wenger confirmed on Friday night that he’ll be staying on as Arsenal boss next season and it seems he’s already started making plans to strengthen his squad.
At least one striker/attacker is expected to be signed this summer and Goal claim the boss has opened talks with the agent of Griezmann about a potential move to the Emirates after scouting the Real Sociedad ace extensively in recent months.
The 23-year-old has been in excellent form in La Liga this season, scoring 16 goals in 31 games, and is capable of playing anywhere across the front three positions so would give us plenty of options in attack.
The France international is known for his pace and dribbling skills, and obviously knows where the goal is, so I think he’d be an excellent addition. Without Walcott in the team, we lack any pace an penetration from the wings so Griezmann would fill that void nicely and his versatility would be a huge asset.
He still has two years left on his current deal and it’s thought it will take a bid in the region of €30m (around £25m) to persuade Sociedad to cash in this summer, but we could also face stiff competition from the likes of Chelsea, Liverpool, PSG and a host of other clubs who have also been linked.