- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
“Dreaming Of Arsenal” – Ligue 1 Hitman Wants Gunners Move
Monaco striker Emmanuel Riviere has revealed he’s keen on trying his luck in the Premier League and is ‘dreaming’ of playing for Arsenal.
The 24-year-old only moved to Monaco last summer in a £3m switch from Toulouse and has scored 14 goals in his 40 appearances this season – although many have come from the bench as Radamel Falcao and Dimitar Berbatov are both ahead of him in the pecking order.
The striker has now opened the door to a move away this summer after admitting he wants to play in the Premier League and named Arsenal as the team he dreams of joining.
Riviere did say he was content at Monaco, but hinted it might be time to move on should the club bring in further reinforcements this summer.
“England is my dream since I was a kid.
“I was dreaming of Arsenal. You have to believe and never let go.
“I’m good at Monaco today, I have three years left on my contract. There will surely be reinforcements this summer. We will see what happens.” [source: the Express]
Obviously it’s always good to hear a player wants to join Arsenal, but the Express seem to think Arsene Wenger might actually make a move for the player this summer.
The newspaper claims that £5m would be enough to persuade Monaco to sell and suggest the boss has his eye on the French under-21 international as competition to Olivier Giroud next season.
I have a feeling the Express might be adding 2 + 2 and getting 5 here, but you never know. Riviere is French after all and he’d be a cheap alternative to some of the strikers we’ve been linked to. And we know how Arsene loves a bargain.