- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
Key Arsenal Midfielder ‘Struggling’ With Fresh Injury – Report
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is struggling with a persistent groin injury and is unlikely to play a major role for Arsenal during the closing games of the season, according to the Daily Mail.
The versatile midfielder missed the entire first half of the campaign with a knee injury but has been playing a key role in the side in recent weeks while the likes of Mesut Ozil, Theo Walcott and Aaron Ramsey were all out through injury.
However, the Mail claim The Ox has been struggling with a niggling groin injury for a number of weeks and was only able to train once in the week running up to the FA Cup semi final with Wigan earlier this month.
Since our win at Wembley, Chamberlain has played just 16 minutes and Arsene Wenger is expected to manage the youngster through the final few games of the season to prevent the problem being aggravated any further.
Just when it looks like we’re getting our squad back together another player picks up an untimely injury, and it’s a real blow that we won’t have a fully-fit Ox for the next few games.
We’re still in a real battle for fourth spot with Everton while the FA Cup final is just around the corner, but it makes sense to nurse Chamberlain’s injury now before it grows into something more serious that could potentially put his World Cup hopes in jeopardy.