- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
Arsenal Make Sagna ‘Breakthrough’ Following Fresh Talks – Report
Arsenal have made a breakthrough their attempts to tie Bacary Sagna down to a new contract following fresh talks between the club and the defender’s representatives, according to reports today.
Sagna’s current deal is up in June and despite lengthy negotiations we have been unable to agree terms over an extension, with Arsenal understood to have so far only been willing to offer the right-back a two-year deal worth around £75-000-a-week with the option of a third year.
With this offer falling short of Sagna’s three-year deal and £100,000-a-week demands, it’s led to speculation he could be set to end his seven-year stay in north London with Manchester City, Liverpool, PSG, Monaco, Galatasaray and Inter Milan among the clubs linked with a move for the 31-year-old.
However, Goal claim the clubs hierarchy, along with Arsene Wenger, have held positive talks with the players agents in recent days and believe a breakthrough has finally been reached, and Sagna is now thought to be on the verge of penning a new deal.
The report states how the Frenchman and his family are settled in London and now that Arsenal have offered ‘further inducements’ that have taken their offer closer to what Sagna is looking for, the versatile defender is expected to snub the advances of our rivals and commit his future to the Emirates.
If true, this would be a HUGE boost as Sagna would be an extremely difficult member of the squad to replace this summer. He’s been one of the most consistent players over the last seven years and I’ll be delighted if we’ve finally been able to tie him down to a new deal and keep him at the club.