- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
Arsenal Could Sign €73m Serie A Super Star – Will Wenger Do It?
Recent reports in the media have claimed that Juventus are ready to cash-in on midfielder Paul Pogba this summer with Arsenal among those understood to be keen on signing him.
The former Manchester United youngster has emerged as one of the most complete midfielders in Europe since joining Juve on a free transfer almost two years ago, with his powerful displays at the heart of the Old Lady’s midfield attracting interest from several top clubs.
Arsenal have been touted as potential suitors with Arsene Wenger understandably a huge fan of the Frenchman’s, while the likes of PSG and Chelsea have also been credited with interest.
Juve have always maintained they wouldn’t consider selling Pogba but the Express are one of several newspaper’s who are claiming that the Serie A champions are now ready to cash-in in order to raise much-needed capital to fund their transfer activity in the summer.
Boss Antonio Conte is understood to be interested in signing Man Utd duo Robin van Persie and Nani as well as a host of other top names, but he needs to raise the money from somewhere and it seems they are prepared to let their star man go in order to strengthen other areas of the squad.
The asking price is supposedly been set at around the €73m mark – which is about £60m – so whoever wants Pogba is going to have to dig deep.
I think it’s safe to say that like most Arsenal fans, I’d LOVE to see the French international come to the Emirates this summer as he’d be the perfect fit in our midfield that’s been devoid of any athletic powerhouse since the departure of Patrick Vieira.
However, realistically, is Arsene going to pay what’s required to sign the 21-year-old? We know he’s going to have up to £100m to spend – if he signs a contract extension that is – and a central midfielder to replace Mikel Arteta is on the agenda.
Arsene is also a known fan of Pogba’s and we were in the running for his signature when he left United, so theoretically it sounds like it could be a goer. But as ever, the main sticking point is going to be price, and £60m is likely to be too expensive for the frugal French professor.
If we could get the price down to maybe nearer £35m-£40m, Arsene might stretch to it, but otherwise I think we’ll see Pogba end up at PSG.