- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
Report: Arsenal ‘Closing In On’ €8.5m Signing
Reports claim that Arsenal are closing in on the €8.5m signing of Eintracht Frankfurt defender Sebastian Jung after his agent confirmed our interest.
Jung has been impressing at right-back this season and it appears he’s caught the eye of Arsene Wenger with the boss on the look-out for potential replacements for Bacary Sagna.
The French defender’s contract is up in June and there has been no breakthrough with talks over an extension. The closer we get to the end of the season, the more it looks like Sagna will be off, and he’ll leave a huge void that needs to be filled.
Several names have been linked in recent months including the likes of Seamus Coleman, Serge Aurier, Lukasz Piszczek and Daryl Janmaat, but according to Jung’s agent, Mino Grillo, Arsenal have been scouting the German international and have a ‘very strong’ interest in signing him this summer.
‘In England we know Arsenal are very strongly on his trail for the summer,’
‘They have had scouts watching him in the Bundesliga. There is was interest in the past from Inter, Roma and Milan, but no recent contact.’ [source: Metro]
The Metro claim that we’re ‘closing in on’ an €8.5m (£7m) move for the 23-year-old full-back with the clubs transfer fixers working on the deal as we speak, and formal talks are expected to take place at the end of the season to tie up the move.
I’d personally like to see Sagna sign an extension and my gut feeling is he’ll end up staying, but it makes sense that the boss is drawing up a list of replacements in case the worst happens and he leaves.
My preferred choice would be Seamus Coleman from Everton but I doubt we’ll be able to persuade them to sell without having to pay a ridiculous price.
Who would you like to see replace Sagna if he goes?