- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
Team News: Wenger Gives Latest On Ozil, Gibbs + Monreal
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has confirmed that Kieran Gibbs will miss this weekend’s clash with Hull City but Mesut Ozil and Nacho Monreal could feature.
The boss has been speaking at his pre-match press conference this morning and gave the latest team news where he offered an update on the trio.
Gibbs missed Tuesday nights 3-1 win over West Ham through injury and it appears the left-back has failed to recover in time, with Wenger ruling him out of Sunday’s trip to the KC Stadium.
Monreal also didn’t feature against the Hammers after being stretchered off in the FA Cup semi final last weekend but the Spaniard has a chance to return with his fitness due to be assessed over the next couple of days.
Thomas Vermaelen filled in at left-back on Tuesday and did very well so I would be happy to see him continue there this weekend even if Nacho is passed fit.
The big boost is the return to fitness of Ozil. The German playmaker resumed full training last week after five weeks out with a hamstring injury that he picked up against Bayern Munich last month, and Arsene has now confirmed he should be back in the squad on Sunday.
We’ve certainly missed Ozil’s creativity in the final third in recent weeks so it’s a huge boost to have him back. Although I think we might see him be among the subs this weekend and given a run-out in the second half.
The only other piece of team news is that Mathieu Flamini will be available again after completing his two-match suspension.
— Arsenal FC (@Arsenal) April 17, 2014
At Colney. Wenger on Hull: "Gibbs will be out, Monreal is possibly available. Ozil could be available – I will see that on Fri and Sat."
— James Olley (@JamesOlley) April 17, 2014