- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Report – Arsenal Eye Italian Starlet
Arsenal have sent scouts to watch highly-rated Italian starlet Diego de Girolamo in action this season ahead of a potential summer move, according to the Daily Mail.
De Girolamo came through the youth ranks at Sheffield United and broke into their first team last season, making three appearances, and is highly-rated at the club.
He’s not been able to push on this campaign after being sidelined with a serious cruciate ligament injury but he’s now back fit again and has been named on the bench for the last few games.
The 18-year-old was born in Chesterfield but qualifies to play for Italy through his parents and has already played for the Italians at Under 18 and Under 19 level, with the attacker recently scoring in a friendly against Germany.
Scouts from some of Serie A’s top clubs were in the stands that night with Juventus among those understood to be interested, but Arsenal have also sent their talent spotters to watch De Girolamo this season ahead of a potential summer move.
If we do end up signing him, he’s highly unlikely to be considered for the first team just yet and would no doubt go straight into the Under-21 squad, but it looks like we’re going to face some stiff competition for his signature.