- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
- 6 Arsenal players named in the Champions League Team of the Week
- [Tweets] Ozil, Ox & more: Arsenal players celebrate after CL win
Arsenal ‘In Talks’ With Spanish Giants Over Double Swoop
The Mirror are reporting that Arsenal have made contact with Real Madrid over the availability of midfielder Casemiro and are also renewing their interest in striker Alvaro Morata.
Casemiro is a powerful midfielder who moved to the Bernabeu from boyhood club Sao Paulo on an initial six-month loan deal in January 2013 before Madrid paid £5m to make the move permanent last summer.
His first team opportunities have been limited this season though as he’s been restricted to just 3 starts, and it seems Arsene Wenger is now ready to offer him a fresh start in north London.
The Mirror claim we’ve had the Brazilian international scouted this season and have now opened talks with the Spanish giants over the 22-year-old’s availability, but it’s not clear whether boss Carlo Ancelotti is going to be willing to let him leave just yet.
An athletic midfielder is certainly needed this summer and while my preferred option would be someone like Lars Bender, I wouldn’t say no to a Brazilian who did enough to earn a move to Real Madrid.
The newspaper also claims we’re making another attempt to try and sign striker Alvaro Morata after failing to persuade Madrid to let him leave on loan in January. We’re apparently looking for a permanent switch this time around but we may have to fork-out over £12m to get our man.
I think it’s clear we need to bring in at least one striker this summer, preferably two with Bendtner leaving, and Morata would be an excellent addition if we could also sign a more established name as well.
Who would you like to see Arsenal sign this summer?