- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
- 6 Arsenal players named in the Champions League Team of the Week
- [Tweets] Ozil, Ox & more: Arsenal players celebrate after CL win
- [Video] Mesut Ozil arrives home with his hat-trick match ball
- Ratings: Hat-trick hero Ozil shines as Arsenal thrash Ludogorets
- Video: Arsenal 6-0 Ludogorets: Ozil bags hat-trick in rout
- Teams: Arsenal v Ludogorets: Gibbs & Coquelin start
Wenger Confirms HUGE Injury Boost Ahead Of Hull Game
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has confirmed a major injury boost with the news that Mesut Ozil is in line to return to the squad this weekend.
The German playmaker has missed the last five weeks after suffering a hamstring strain against Bayern Munich in the Champions League last month.
However, the 25-year-old is back in training and speaking after last night’s 3-1 win over West Ham, Arsene told Arsenal.com that Ozil is expected to be back in the squad for Sunday’s trip to the KC Stadium to face Hull City.
The boss also gave the latest on Abou Diaby’s recovery from a serious knee injury and the Frenchman is due to resume full training tomorrow, but it’s not yet clear whether he’ll be able to play for the first team again this season.
on Mesut Ozil…
Ozil should be available for the weekend.
on Abou Diaby…
Abou is back in full training on Thursday. It’s very difficult to say [if he will play this season] because he has not played for over a year now, and it’s very difficult for me [to decide]. He looks physically fine, but he has to play one or two games before I consider bringing him back.
Ozil’s absence has coincided with a dramatic loss of form for Arsenal that’s seen us go from possible title challengers to battling for fourth place, so it will be a HUGE boost to have him available again.
I would love to see Diaby make an appearance before the end of the season but after such a long time out, he’s going to take a while to get back up to speed so it would make sense for him to have a few games with the U-21′s before he’s considered for the first team.