- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
‘Sagna Close To Renewing Arsenal Contract’
Bacary Sagna is close to agreeing a new contract extension at Arsenal, according to Sky Italia journalist Gianluca Di Marzio.
The Frenchman’s deal runs out in June and despite several rounds of negotiations, we’ve so far been unable to tie him down to a new deal.
This has led to interest from all over Europe with the likes of Inter Milan, Galatasaray, PSG, Monaco, Manchester City, Liverpool and even Chelsea all linked at one point or another.
With the stalemate dragging on it looked likely that Sagna would be off at the end of the season. However, Sky Italia journalist Gianluca Di Marzio has claimed that progress has been made over the last few weeks and all the signs are now pointing to him renewing his contract at the Emirates.
The report end’s with ‘Sagna’s future will be at Arsenal’ while some are reporting on Twitter that Sky Italia claim a deal has been agreed in principal.
— Get French Football (@GFN_France) April 16, 2014
Obviously we should treat this report with a pinch of salt for now and wait until we hear something official before getting too excited, but it would be a major boost if Sagna does end up signing a new deal.
He’s been a consistent professional and there hasn’t been many better full-backs in the Premier League over the past few years, so I’d be delighted if he extended his stay with us.