- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
Arsenal Turn To Croatian Hitman After Failed Move For Diego Costa
Some interesting transfer news coming from the Express as they claim that Arsenal have now turned their attention to Mario Mandzukic after giving up on trying to sign Diego Costa.
The newspaper says that we made an ambitious move to sign Costa back in January but were told we had no chance of signing him as Altetico Madrid were still fighting for the La Liga title and still going strong in the Champions League.
We retained our interest but it appears we’ve now given up hope of landing him this summer as the report claims the Brazilian-born striker is set to join Chelsea instead. All the talk in recent weeks has been about Costa moving to Stamford Bridge and it does appear odds-on, so unfortunately it looks like we’ve missed out.
But don’t fear, the Express state that Arsene Wenger has now set his sights on Bayern Munich’s Mario Mandzukic, who’s set to fall down the pecking order at the Allianz Arena when Robert Lewandowski arrives in the summer.
The Croatian international has already voiced his concerns over his role when Lewandowski joins so a move could be on the cards and Bayern could be persuaded to do business for between £20m-£25m.
Even though Mandzukic is in a similar mold to Olivier Giroud, he’s certainly an upgrade on the Frenchman and his goal-scoring record is excellent, as he’s managed 24 goals this season despite not always being a regular starter.
I’d love to see the 27-year-old join Arsenal this summer but I also feel we need to bring in a forward who has raw pace and could offer something a little different to just the traditional ‘target man’ role.
Who would you like to see join Arsenal this summer?