- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
RATINGS: My Ratings From Arsenal’s 3-1 Win Over West Ham
We made it hard for ourselves but got there in the end as a double from Lukas Podolski and a superb effort from Olivier Giroud sealed a 3-1 comeback win over West Ham.
Here are my ratings:
Szczesny: 6/10 – Have very little to do other than pick the ball out the net and claim a few crosses.
Sagna: 6.5/10 – Was given a tough time in the first half by Jarvis but was much more solid after the break and got himself forward when he could.
Koscielny: 7/10 – Great to have him back and he looked like he’d never been away. Composed display.
Mertesacker: 7.5/10 – Was excellent against Carroll, to the point he was virtually anonymous for long periods. not many can keep the Geordie so quiet.
Vermaelen: 7.5/10 – Filled in at left-back and was excellent. Made a vital far post headed clearance that would have otherwise led to a goal and got the assist for Giroud’s goal.
Arteta: 7/10 – Was an assured presence in front of the defence. Fair play, he must be knackered after the Wigan game but never stopped giving his best.
Kallstrom: 7/10 – A few too many long balls went astray in the first half and he failed to track Downing for their goal but he was very good after the break. He’s composed on the ball and has good vision. Promising full debut.
Rosicky: 6.5/10 – Worked hard as always but looked out on his feet before he was taken off.
Cazorla: 8/10 – Superb pass for Podolski’s first goal and went close to scoring in the second half. Was really back to his best tonight. just edges the MOTM award.
Podolski: 8/10 – He is lethal. Simple as that. Superb first time finish for the equaliser and then buried the third. He doesn’t always do that much in games but he’s a huge goal threat.
Giroud: 7/10 – Missed another vital chance at 0-0 when he tried a fancy flick that was never on instead of putting his foot through it, but fair play to him, his goal was exquisite. The touch was superb and the finish deadly. Such a frustrating player.
Ramsey: 7/10 – Lovely cushioned header for Podolski’s second.
Jenkinson: N/A – On too late.
It’s over to Everton who have a tough game against Palace tomorrow, then it’s Hull next for us on Sunday.
What were your ratings from the game?