- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
VIDEO: Arsenal Attacker Posts Training Vid + Confirms Injury Return
Arsenal attacker Nicklas Bendtner has posted a video of himself doing hill sprints and claims he’ll be back in London to attend training on Monday.
The Danish striker hasn’t featured for us since coming on as a late substitute against Crystal Palace back in early February and has been outcast from the squad since allegations of a bust-up with a taxi driver in Copenhagen shortly before our FA Cup win over Liverpool in mid-February.
Youngster Yaya Sanogo has featured more prominently in Bendtner’s absence, offering support to Olivier Giroud, but it looks like the ‘Great Dane’ is set to return to the club next week.
The 26-year-old posted a video of himself on his Instagram account doing hill sprints with a caption saying he’s heading back to London on Monday ‘strong as an ox and ready to train!’:
“Making sure every detail is looked at, the alignment has to be perfect! Back in London on Monday strong as and ox and ready to train!”
This suggests he’s not even in England as the minute and has perhaps been back in Denmark training on his own while he tries to not only get himself fit, but get his head straight.
Even with the number of injuries we’ve got in the squad, I don’t think we’ll be seeing too much of Bendtner in the first team unless things get really desperate. Here’s the video he posted: