- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
“My Favourite Club? Arsenal, Of Course” Winger Wants Gunners Switch
Younes Belhanda has admitted he dreams of playing in the Premier League and says the team he’d most like to play for is Arsenal.
The Morocco attacker was strongly linked with a move to England last summer when he made it clear he wanted to leave Montpellier in search of a new challenge.
Arsenal, Manchester United, Tottenham and Liverpool were all linked at one time or another, but a move failed to materialise and he ended up moving to Ukrainian giants Dynamo Kiev.
Belhanda has continued to impress with 5 goals and 3 assists in 16 league appearances so far but the 24-year-old has admitted he would jump at the chance to move to the Premier League and revealed that Arsenal would be his favoured destination.
“How long will I stay at Dynamo? I don’t know. If I have opportunities to go higher, I will seize them,” Belhanda said.
“I am dreaming about England. Every player wants to play in England one day. I have to experience that.
“My favourite club? Arsenal, of course. It is the club of Frenchmen. Newcastle as well, but they are a step below. Manchester City and Liverpool are exciting too.
“There are so many clubs with big histories. That is England.” [source: Express]
There has been rumours flying about in the press recently that we might renew our interest in the player with Dynamo apparently valuing him at around £12m.
We’ve certainly lacked pace in attack at times this season so that’s an area I hope we address in the summer and Belhanda would offer us something different in that department. He’s capable of playing anywhere across the front-line but he’d most likely be deployed from the wing if he joined Arsenal.
Belhanda isn’t int he ‘top, top, top quality’ bracket just yet, so he wouldn’t be my first choice, but he’d be a decent back-up option if we can’t land our top targets this summer.