- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
“There Is An Offer From Arsenal. Talks Will Take Place Next Week”
Highly-rated Iranian teenager Sardar Azmoun has claimed that Arsenal have made a ‘solid’ offer for him and talks with Ruban Kazan are due to take place next week, according to the Mirror.
The 19-year-old forward joined Kazan from Iranian outfit Sepahan Isfahan just over a year ago and has slowly worked his way into their first team set-up.
After failing to make a single appearance for the Russian club during the second half of last season, he has been more involved this campaign, scoring 3 goals in his 10 appearances so far.
Azmoun, dubbed the ‘Iranian Messi’, is highly-rated and the Mirror carry quotes from the striker claiming that Arsenal, as well as AC Milan, have made formal offers for his services.
Officials from both clubs are set to meet up with Kazan representatives next Thursday, however, the youngster has hinted Arsenal would be his preferred destination after admitting it would be a dream for him to play in the Premiership.
“There are already solid offers coming from both Arsenal and AC Milan. Both their representatives are about to meet Rubin Kazan management next Thursday.
“I’m really happy for such clubs being interested in signing me, and playing in the Premier League would be a dream come true.”
Reports suggest that we’ve tabled a £2m offer but it remains to be seen whether it will be enough to persuade Kazan to part ways with their hugely talented youngster.
If we do end up signing Azmoun, it’s doubtful he’ll be involved in the first team set up straight away, but he’s certainly got the potential to break into the first team at some point in the near future.