- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
Fresh Doubts Emerge Over Wenger’s Future At Arsenal
Fresh doubts have emerged over the future of Arsene Wenger with reports today claiming that backroom staff have no idea if he’s staying or going.
Arsene’s contract runs-out this summer and until recently it was widely expected that he would sign at least a two-year extension at the club. Stan Kronke and the board have made it clear they want him to stay and Ivan Gazidis even said a couple of months ago that a deal had already been agreed.
However, that was back when we were sitting pretty at the top of the table and our recent slump in form has raised questions marks over his future and there have been increasing reports suggesting that the boss is giving serious thought to calling it a day.
Now the Mirror are claiming that backroom staff, including the players, have been given no indication by anyone inside the club whether Arsene is staying or going. The lack of information, coupled with the the delay in Arsene signing the deal that’s on the table, has left a growing feeling of uncertainty within the club over whether the Frenchman will stay or leave this summer.
Arsene has always maintained that he would sign a new deal IF he still felt he was the right man for the job. It’s pretty obvious that most thought he was when we were flying back in January at the top of the table, so of course there was plenty of talk about him signing a new deal.
Now the wheels have fallen off and we’re back scrapping for fourth place, Arsene is clearly having doubts over whether he is still the right man to take us forward. The growing sections of fans calling for his head WILL be getting to him and the heavy away defeats to our main rivals may be the tipping point.
I still feel if we win the FA Cup and finish fourth that Arsene deserves the chance to spend the £100m transfer kitty we have available this summer. But if he stays, he HAS to be willing to spend that money on world class players and be prepared to pay the required fees, not what he believes the player is worth.
However, even a trophy and fourth might not be enough to satisfy some fans and there is still the chance that Arsene could decide to leave on a ‘high’ note and end his 18-year reign in north London with his legacy still in tact.
Do you think Wenger will stay? Do you want him to?