- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
Arsenal ‘Ready To Offer’ €20.5m For Italian International
Arsenal are ready to test Paris Saint-Germain’s resolve by tabling a €20.5m (£17m) offer for midfielder Marco Verratti, according to reports in Italy.
The 21-year-old has established himself as an important part of Laurent Blanc’s side since making the move from Serie B side Pescara in 2012, making almost 40 appearances this season.
However, he’s yet to score his first goal for the club and with big-spending PSG expected to be heavily active in the transfer market once again this summer, it seems Arsenal are going to try their luck at luring him away from France.
The Metro cite reports coming out of Italy that claim Arsene Wenger is ready to give the go-ahead to a €20.5m (£17m) offer this summer, and with the Ligue 1 champions already having the likes of Yohan Cabaye, Thiago Motta and Javier Pastore to fill the central midfield position, it could be enough to persuade PSG to cash in on the youngster.
Verratti is still contracted until 2018 but there were rumours last summer that he was unsettled in France and wanted out, so you never know, he might be tempted at the idea of a fresh start if some of those doubts still persist.
The Italian international’s ideal position is as a deep laying playmaker, so he’d be viewed as a long-term replacement for Mikel Arteta if he does end up making the move to the Emirates.