- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
“I Couldn’t Refuse Arsenal, They Are My Dream”
Self-confessed Arsenal fan Serge Aurier has been at it again, this time telling French-based media outlet Foot Mercato that he couldn’t turn down a move to Arsenal as he dreams of playing for us.
Aurier has long been linked with a move to the Emirates and is once again being touted as a potential replacement for Bacary Sagna, with the Frenchman looking increasingly likely to leave when his contract runs out this summer.
The 21-year-old has done his best to keep talk of a potential move to Arsenal firmly in the spotlight, as he regularly retweets news reports linking him with us to his Twitter followers and posted a picture of him wearing an Arsenal shirt on his holidays last summer:
The Toulouse defender has now been quoted in an interview with Foot Mercato as once again admitting he couldn’t turn down a switch to Arsenal if the opportunity came about as it’s his dream to play for us.
Here is a translated version of what he told the newspaper:
“Arsenal, I couldn’t refuse. You can ask any player if he would play at Arsenal, I think he would respond positively without hesitation.”
“It is a mythical club, we know that many French have marked the history of the club. It is sure that Arsenal are my dream.” Aurier told Foot Mercato.
There have also been reports suggesting the likes of Chelsea, PSG and Monaco are also keeping an eye on Aurier but by the sound of it, he’d jump at the chance of joining Arsenal if we made our interest official this summer.
He’s valued at around £6m, which would be a relative bargain for a player of his potential, but my first choice would still be for Bacary to stay for at least another season or two. However, if he decides this will be his final year in north London, then Aurier would be right up their along with Seamus Coleman in my list of potential replacements.
Who would you buy to replace Sagna if he leaves?