- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Arsenal ‘In Talks To Sign Spanish Striker’ – Report
According to reports in today’s Mirror newspaper, Arsenal have held further talks with Real Madrid over the signing of striker Alvaro Morata this summer.
We were strongly linked with the 21-year-old during the January transfer window and held extensive talks with Madrid about taking him on a six-month loan.
However, a move failed to materialise after Carlo Ancelotti refused to let him leave, despite his bit-part role at the Bernabeu.
It seems Arsene Wenger hasn’t given up hope of trying to bring the Spanish international to the Emirates with the Mirror claiming that we’ve opened fresh talks with Madrid and are hopeful of agreeing a deal to sign him on a permanent basis at the end of the season.
The paper suggests that the Spaniard’s are willing to sell for around £8m as long as they can put a buy-back option in the contract to allow them the option to re-sign the striker for a fixed fee in two years time.
I’ve always been a fan of Morata’s and if we could snap him up for just £8m then it would be an excellent piece of business. Although the buy-back option does concern me a little.
The Mirror also claim that Arsene will bring in another more established striker as well this summer, with Bayern Munich’s Mario Mandzukic a top target.
If we could land both Mandzukic and Morata, and as well as a proper defensive midfielder like Lars Bender, then it would make for a very successful summer window and we’ll be looking good for next season.