- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
‘We Are Having Serious Talks With Arsenal, I’m Very Honoured’
Highly-rated striker Sardar Azmoun has revealed that he is in ‘serious’ talks with Arsenal about a potential move to the Emirates and he’s ‘honoured’ the club want to work with him.
Azmoun has been tipped for stardom after impressing at Rubin Kazan and he’s earned the nickname the ‘Iranian Messi’ due to his impressive skill-set.
His talent has attracted interest from some of Europe’s top clubs but it seems Arsenal might be leading the race for the 19-year-old’s signature.
In a recent interview, Azmoun has been quoted as saying that his representatives are in serious talks with both Arsenal and AC Milan after Barcelona had to pull out due to their impending 15 month transfer ban.
The talented forward went on to single Arsenal out and say he’s honoured we are keen to sign him, but insists he’ll make a decision on his future at the end of the season.
“Well, it looks like there are three clubs who we are in contact with, which were serious. They were Milan, Arsenal, and Juventus and Barcelona, but as you know Barcelona has backed out due to their situation.
For right now we are having serious talks with Milan and Arsenal and I think they are talking more today, but for now all my hard work is for Rubin Kazan.
We still have seven games, and maybe after those games we can come up with a decision. I’m very honoured to have Arsenal looking to work with me, but right now I’m all about Rubin and I will try my hardest for this team until the end of the season. We can figure it out after the season.”
These comments come just days after widespread reports in the national newspapers claimed that we had opened negotiations with Kazan over the players signature, with some even suggesting we had agreed a £2.5m deal.
So it seems there is certainly a real interest in signing the player, but we’ll have to wait until the end of the season before we find out if we’ve been successful in luring him to north London.
Credit to the Daily Cannon for these quotes