- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
TEAM NEWS: Wenger On Ramsey, Ozil, Monreal, Koscielny + Wilshere
Arsene Wenger has revealed some excellent team news this afternoon with Aaron Ramsey back in the squad to face Everton on Sunday.
The Welshman only returned to full training today after three months out with a thigh injury but it seems the boss is confident he’s fit enough to come straight back in to the squad.
I would be surprised to see Rambo start but hopefully he’ll get at least 20-30 minutes under his belt and put himself in contention to start against Wigan in the FA Cup semi final next weekend.
There is more good news with Nacho Monreal also returning to the squad after recovering from a foot injury, while Arsene confirmed that defender Laurent Koscielny has a chance to be fit for the trip to Wembley next Saturday.
Abou Diaby’s has returned to training but won’t be under consideration just yet as he continues to work his way back to fitness following a year out, but Mesut Ozil is on course to returning for the West Ham game shortly after the FA Cup semi final.
Wenger says Jack Wilshere and Theo Walcott are ‘doing well’, but aren’t close to comebacks.
Arsene told Arsenal.com:
on Aaron Ramsey…
Aaron and Nacho Monreal are back in the squad, so that is good news. Hopefully they will be available for Sunday. Diaby is back on the pitches, so that is good news.
on any others…
At the moment that is all because the other injured players are not back, not Wilshere, not Ozil. Everybody else is alright.
on Laurent Koscileny…
He is still out. The earliest [he will be back] is next week, the latest is the week after.
on Wilshere and Walcott…
They are alright, they are doing well. It is still early for them, of course for Theo the season is finished and Jack is progressing well.
on Mesut Ozil…
The FA Cup will be too soon for him, but after that.
It’s a huge boost to have Ramsey back in the squad and hopefully he wont suffer any adverse reaction this time and play an important part of our run-in. His energy and goal threat from midfield has been sorely missed in recent months.
So it looks like within a couple of weeks we should have Ramsey, Monreal Koscielny and Ozil back in the squad, and barring any further injuries, the treatment room will only consist of Wilshere and Walcott.