- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
“Are Arsenal Interested In Me?” – Striker Admits Move Desire
Lyon striker Alexandre Lacazette has responded to reports linking him with a move to the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool and Juventus by admitting he would like to join a ‘big club’.
The 22-year-old has been in excellent form this season, scoring 20 goals in all competitions so far, and his impressive form has led to interest from all over Europe.
Arsenal have been among the clubs understood to be keeping a close eye on the France international, while Premier League rivals Liverpool and Serie A champions Juventus are also said to be interested.
Lacazette was quizzed on speculation linking him with the trio, and he admitted he wants to try a different league and has his eye on moving to a ‘big club’.
“Would I like to play for Juventus? I’d be a liar if I said no,” he said.
“I’m tempted to try and experience abroad at a big club. And Juventus are one of the greatest clubs in Europe.
“Are Arsenal and Liverpool interested in me? I repeat that an experience in another major championship fascinates me. But for now I just think of doing well for Lyon, the club where I have grown up.
“My contract expires in 2016, so we must see what the president [Jean-Michel] Aulas will say and decide.” [source: the Express]
A new striker is certain to be on the agenda at the Emirates this summer and Lacazette is an exciting prospect, but I’m not sure ‘potential’ is what we need right now.
Arsenal require a world class front-man who can come in and make an immediate impact. Obviously those aren’t easy to find and are even harder to buy, but we’ve gone past the stage of making speculative punts in the transfer market. We have the money, so let’s spend it on the best players.
Lacazette would make for a good second or third choice striker, so I wouldn’t mind him coming in on that basis, as long as we also signed a ‘marquee’ name as well.
What striker would you want Arsenal to sign this summer?