- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
Top Arsenal Target ‘Definitely’ Not Heading To North London
Top Arsenal target Julian Draxler will ‘definitely’ be staying at Schalke this summer, according to the clubs general manager Horst Heldt.
You should all know Draxler’s name by now as he’s been strongly linked with a move to Arsenal in recent transfer windows, with the club reportedly close to signing him back in January.
A deal failed to materialise when we couldn’t agree a fee but Arsene is almost certainly going to renew his interest in the summer, when he’s expected to have as much as £100m available to spend.
However, Schalke chief Horst Heldt is adamant Draxler will resist any move away from the club in order to remain at the Veltins Arena.
“I definitely believe that he will be staying at our club for the new season.
“Julian (Draxler) is an important player in our squad, he is playing regular matches and he is doing quite well.” [Source: Daily Star]
Draxler is going to be hot-property this summer and Arsenal won’t be the only top club interested, so despite Heldt’s comments, I think the 20-year-old will move on at the end of the season.
Will he come to Arsenal? I really hope so, but as ever the sticking point is going to be the purchase price. Arsene baulked at his £37m asking price in January but I really don’t think Schalke will accept anything lower unless the midfielder really pushes for a move – which is unlikely considering he’s a Schalke boy through and through – so if we want him, we’re going to have to pay big money.