- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
Striker “Dreams Of Playing For Arsenal”
Josip Drmic has played down reports suggesting he has already agreed to move to the Emirates this summer, but confirmed it’s his dream to play for Arsenal.
German legend Lothar Matthaus claimed on German TV on Saturday night that Drmic was set for a move to Arsenal at the end of the season and even suggested the players wife was already house-hunting in London.
However, while the 21-year-old has now damped those claims by insisting he doesn’t even have a wife, the striker did leave the door open to a potential move by revealing it’s his dream to play for Arsenal.
Speaking to German publication Bild on Saturday night, when quizzed about Matthaus’ comments, he said:
‘At the moment, I’m single. There is no one house-hunting in London.’
‘What will happen in the future, I don’t know. Any boy dreams about playing for Arsenal.’ [Source: Daily Mail]
We have been linked with Drmic in the newspapers in recent months with Arsene Wenger understood to be a huge fan, so there could be interest in the player. It’s still unclear where Lothar Matthaus got his information from but it seems he’s jumped the gun a little bit.
Drmic is already a full Switzerland international and has an excellent strike-rate in the Bundesliga this season, with the player scoring his 16th goal in just 27 appearances on Saturday.
He has bags of potential so I would like to see him join the club if we can snap him up for somewhere in the region of £6m-£8m, but he certainly shouldn’t be the only striker we sign this summer.
We’ve gone past the stage of having to buy ‘potential’. We now have the money to buy ready-made stars and that’s what we need to go to the next level, so if Drmic does end up moving to Arsenal, hopefully he’ll also be joined by a world class frontman.
What striker would you like us to sign this summer?