- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
“Arsenal Are Very Interested” – Agent Confirms Gunners’ Interest
The agent of Eintracht Frankfurt defender Sebastian Jung has confirmed Arsenal’s interest in signing the player, claiming we are ‘very interested’.
With Bacary Sagna edging towards the exit door when his contract expires at the end of the season, boss Arsene Wenger has been drawing up a list of potential replacements.
The likes of Toulouse’s Serge Aurier and Lukasz Piszczek of Borussia Dortmund have been heavily linked in recent months but the latest name to be thrown into the ring is Sebastian Jung.
The 23-year-old has been impressing in a struggling Frankfurt side this season and reports claim a number of clubs are going to try and lure him away this summer, with Arsenal among those chasing his signature.
Jung’s agent, Antimo Grillo, has confirmed we’re ‘very interested’ but insists the adventurous full-back will only leave if Frankfurt decided to sell.
“Arsenal seek him and are very interested in Sebastian,” Antimo Grillo admitted to fcinternews.it.
“Before the renewal until 2015 Jung had a clause in his contract allowing him to leave for €2.5m,”
“An offer came, but Sebastian decided not to resort to this solution and renewed with Eintracht.
“He is very attached to the club – for this reason, he decided not to insert a buy-out clause in the new contract.”
“Sebastian is close to the club, so on his part there is no request for a sale.
“If an interested club finds an agreement with Eintracht, a sale could possibly materialise.
“Otherwise, I can’t rule out that he could stay in Frankfurt. As I’ve said, in the Bundesliga expiring contracts aren’t a nightmare.”
My first hope is that we are able to eventually come to an agreement with Sagna but if the Frenchman does leave, then we’re going to have a huge void to fill.
Is Jung good enough? Perhaps, but my first choice would still be Seamus Coleman of Everton as he has been superb this season and has experience in the Premier League.
Who would like us to sign if Sagna leaves?