- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
Reports: Wenger To Axe Key Trio After Chelsea Humiliation
Arsenal are just hours from kick off against Swansea City and reports this afternoon are claiming that Arsene Wenger is set to axe three of his key first team players for the game.
The Daily Mail suggest that the boss is set to ‘rip out the spine of his team’ after Saturday’s humiliation against Chelsea with Wojciech Szczesny, Mikel Arteta and Olivier Giroud all set for the chop.
Szczesny was at fault for at least one of the goals at Stamford Bridge while he could have done better with two others, and it seems Arsene is ready to get tough with the young Pole and consign him to the bench with Lukasz Fabianski coming in.
It wont be the first time Szczesny has lost his place after some questionable form, but I maintain what I said in my match preview that it would be better to keep faith with our No.1 and let him try and regain his confidence. Fabianski has already confirmed he’s leaving this summer so why unsettle Szczesny for a player that won’t even be here in a couple of months?
I am however fully behind the moves to drop Arteta and Giroud. No doubt Arsene also has one eye on Saturday’s clash with Man City, but the duo were also well below par at Stamford Bridge so can’t complain if they’re left out.
The Mail suggest that Giroud might even be left out of the squad entirely with youngster Chumba Akpom offering support from the bench to Yaya Sanogo – who’s set to start – but that would be a bold move by the boss.
Mathieu Flamini is expected to come in for Arteta in midfield, although Kim Kallstrom is also pushing to make his debut after recovering from a back injury.
The confirmed line-ups will be up on the site about 6.45pm, so check back to find out if Arsene has in fact decided to drop the likes of Szczesny, Arteta and Giroud.