- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
Arsenal Handed Pre-Chelsea Injury Boost As Triple Signing Confirmed
It’s been a busy day in north London today and it’s generally been filled with positive news.
Firstly, the Daily Mail reported that we’ve been handed a major injury boost ahead of Saturday’s crucial clash against Chelsea with Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain set to be passed fit for the game.
The Ox limped off during the final stages of our 1-0 win over Sp*rs on Sunday with what appeared to be a calf problem, and there were fears he could be set to join our ever-growing injury list. However, the Mail claim that the 20-year-old has not suffered any serious injury and will be available to face the league leaders this weekend.
The news will come as a welcome boost to Arsene Wenger as Oxlade-Chamberlain has become a key player with Jack Wilshere, Aaron Ramsey and Mesut Ozil out injured. With games against Chelsea, Swansea, Man City and Everton coming up, as well as an FA Cup semi final against Wigan, it would have been cruel to also lose The Ox, so thankfully it looks like he’s okay.
The club also confirmed this afternoon the triple signing of Aaron Ramsey, Santi Cazorla and Gedion Zelalem to new long-term contracts. We heard rumours that the trio were close to agreeing terms a couple of weeks ago and now it’s been revealed on Arsenal.com that they’ve put pen-to-paper.
Rambo has been rewarded for his sensational early-season form and it’s believed his new five-year deal is worth close to £100,000-a-week. He’s certainly proved himself to be an important first team player and hopefully he’ll be back to full fitness soon to help us push for a league and FA Cup double!
Cazorla has been a regular in the first team since joining from Malaga in 2012 and we’ve taken up the option to extend his contract to 2017, with the Spaniard getting a small increase to his wages – believed to now be in the region of £80,000-a-week.
The signing of Zelalem should also be celebrated as he’s considered as one of the most exciting young talents at the club. We’ve been keeping him relatively ‘under wraps’ this season to prevent bringing too much attention to his potential before he signed pro terms.
However, the 17-year-old has now committed his future to Arsenal after signing a long-term deal on Tuesday. It’s excellent news and hopefully we’ll now see him in and around the first team set-up more regularly.