- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
RATINGS: My Ratings From Arsenal’s 1-0 Win Over Tottenham
It wasn’t pretty and we rode our luck, but we secured a vital three points against Tottenham thanks to an early stunner from Tomas Rosicky. Here are my ratings:
Szczesny: 7/10 – Got away with a flap at a cross in the second half but also made a couple of decent saves.
Sagna: 8/10 - A warrior once again. We really need to sort his contract out asap.
Mertesacker: 9/10 – Absolutely superb from start to finish.
Koscielny: 9/10 – A rock and was on hand to deny Chadli a certain equaliser with a goal-line clearance.
Gibbs: 7/10 – Was given a few problems by Townsend at times but was part of a solid back-four that kept them out.
Arteta: 6/10 – Sat far too deep and wasn’t able to grab control of the midfield.
The Ox: 5/10 – Very disappointing. Wasted a golden chance to make it 2-0 when clean through and also failed to take advantage of two other good opportunities.
Cazorla: 5/10 – Looked tired and failed to have any real influence in the game.
Rosicky: 8/10 – His all-round play was poor but he deserves a good mark simply for his goal. A wonder strike.
Podolski: 6/10 – Looked pretty lively early on as he was the only one to be running behind but didn’t really have any end product.
Giroud: 5/10 – Got bossed by the Sp*rs defence for most of the game and failed to offer us anything – although it must be said the midfield and attack didn’t help him out.
Monreal: 6/10 – On to shore things up.
Flamini: 5/10 – Came on, got booked for a rash tackle. Standard
Vermaelen: N/A – On too late.
So we weren’t at our best today but this win not only gives us the North London bragging rights and all-but guarantees us a top-four finish, but it also puts us within four points of Chelsea with a game in hand. A positive result at the Bridge next week and we’re well and truly in the title race.
What were your ratings? Did we deserve the win?