- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
- 6 Arsenal players named in the Champions League Team of the Week
- [Tweets] Ozil, Ox & more: Arsenal players celebrate after CL win
- [Video] Mesut Ozil arrives home with his hat-trick match ball
Wenger Scouting Valencia Striker Ahead Of Summer Move
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger appears to have added another name to his list of striker targets with the Mirror reporting that he’s keen on Valencia hitman Francisco Alcacer.
The 20-year-old has been with his boyhood team Valencia his entire career since joining them as a youngster, and came through the youth ranks before becoming a prolific scorer in their B team.
Having spent a year on loan at Getafe last year, he’s been given his chance in Valencia’s first team this season and he’s taken his opportunity, scoring 9 times in 19 appearances so far, and even managed to bag the winner against Barcelona during a 3-2 win back in February.
The report claims that his form has caught the eye of Arsene Wenger and the boss is understood to have sent his scouts to watch the striker in action four times over the last month.
Alcacer has already been capped by Spain at every youth level from U16 to U21 and is being tipped for big things, so he certainly sounds like an exciting prospect.
However, if we do end up bringing him to the Emirates this summer I hope he isn’t the only striker we sign. With Nicklas Bendtner certain to leave when his contract expires in June, we’re going to need to bring in at least one striker and ideally the boss will sign an established name who can push Olivier Giroud for a starting spot.
We’ve been strongly linked with names such as Alvaro Morata, Diego Costa, Julian Draxler – who Arsene apparently wants to turn into a striker, and Karim Benzema, and these are the calibre of player we need to keep us challenging at the highest level.
So if we sign a young prospect like Alcacer, then I hope he’s considered as a replacement for Bendtner and we also bring in a ‘big name’ striker too.