- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
Wenger: ‘Ozil Injury Quite Serious’
If going out of the Champions League isn’t bad enough, it looks like we’ve lost record signing Mesut Ozil for ‘a few weeks’.
The German was substituted at half time during Tuesday night’s 1-1 draw with Bayern Munich after feeling a tight hamstring.
He immediately saw German specialist Müller-Wohlfahrt who has reported that the injury is ‘quite bad’ with Arsene Wenger telling reporters that the playmaker is certain to miss ‘a few weeks’.
It’s a huge blow to lose Ozil as we continue to navigate a pivotal run of fixtures and our luck with injuries is becoming a joke. We had 11 players out for tonights game and Ozil makes it 12. Who else could cope without that number of players?
The 25-year-old is now set to miss games against Spurs, Chelsea, Swansea and Manchester City, and he could even be a doubt for the games with Everton and Wigan depending on how serious it is.
Here’s what The Times newspaper journalist Matt Dickinson reported Wenger told the press after the game:
Ozil hamstring "looks quite serious" according to Wenger so definitely out v Spurs. "He's out for a few weeks for sure"
— Matt Dickinson (@DickinsonTimes) March 11, 2014