- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
“I Want To Stay!” – Arsenal Ace To Sign New Deal This Week
Arsenal midfielder Tomas Rosicky has confirmed he wants to stay at Arsenal and hopes to sign a new contract extension in the ‘next few days’.
The 33-year-old is out of contract at the end of the season but is still regarded as an important member of the first team squad, and Arsene Wenger confirmed two weeks ago that the player was close to signing a new deal.
Rosicky is currently away with the Czech Republic squad and has now also confirmed his desire to remain at the Emirates and suggests a new contract should be finalised by the end of the week.
He told the Czech news agency CTK:
‘Arsene Wenger wants me to stay, he wants our co-operation to continue. I want to stay.
‘Hopefully all is sorted out in the next few days. It would be great to play on at Arsenal for another few years.’ [ Source: the Metro]
Rosicky is likely to sign a one-year rolling contract on similar terms to what he’s on now, but it will be great news when he finally puts pen to paper.
Hopefully we can also seal new deals for Per Mertesacker and Santi Cazorla, but talks are continuing to drag concerning the future of Bacary Sagna.