- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
Arsenal Linked With £25m Move For Unsettled Real Madrid Ace
Arsenal are once again being linked with a summer move for Real Madrid striker Karim Benzema.
The Frenchman has consistently been linked with a move to the Emirates for about five years now and it seems this summer is going to be no different.
Reports in recent days have suggested that Liverpool are eyeing a summer swoop for the 26-year-old after being told by his agent that Benzema is open to leaving the Bernabeu at the end of the season, but the newspaper believes Arsenal are also ready to renew their interest should the player become available.
The former Lyon man has never really found his way into the hearts of the Madrid fans and he was singled out for some rough treatment by his own supporters earlier in the season, and it’s been suggested he’s finally had enough and will look for a move this summer.
Arsene Wenger has admitted on several occasions in the past that he’s a huge fan of the striker, so it wouldn’t be a surprise at all if we did go back in for at the end of the season.
He was valued at around £40m when we were being linked last summer, but the Metro believes Madrid could do business at around £25m this time around. I’m not sure what they’re basing that valuation on though.
We’re still waiting for a world class striker to be added to the squad and Benzema would be an excellent addition. Despite not being at his best this year, he’s still managed to score 18 goals in 34 games for Madrid, and I think he’d be deadly with the likes of Ozil, Cazorla and Walcott supplying him.
Madrid currently play to the strengths of Ronaldo but at Arsenal Benzema could be the focal point of our attack and while he might not have the physicality of Giroud, he’s certainly a better finisher so I could see him scoring a lot of goals for us.
Who knows if this will be the year we finally see Benzema in an Arsenal shirt, but I’d personally love to see it happen.
Do you think Benzema would be a good buy this summer?