- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Arsenal Handed Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Crucial Run Of Fixtures
Arsenal have been handed a major injury boost with Aaron Ramsey targetting a return to action against Tottenham next month, according to reports today.
The midfielder has been on the sidelines since picking up a thigh strain against West Ham back on Boxing Day. He was originally expected to be out for just four weeks and was close to making a comeback before suffering a set-back in training towards the end of last month.
However, the Telegraph are claiming that Rambo is now stepping up his recovery and has targetted our North London derby with Tottenham on March 16 as his comeback date.
It doesn’t look like he’ll feature in the second leg against Bayern Munich, but if he makes the trip to White Hart Lane Ramsey should also be available for the subsequent games against Chelsea, Manchester City and Everton. To have him back for that crucial run of fixtures will obviously be a huge boost for the club.
Ramsey was easily our best player during the first half of the season when he was scoring goals for fun (15 to be precise) and while we’ve still performed well without him, I think we’ve certainly missed his energy in midfield, so it will be a massive fillip to have him available again.
Fingers crossed his recovery continues to go well over the next two weeks and we could see him lining up against the scum next month.