- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
- 6 Arsenal players named in the Champions League Team of the Week
RATINGS: From Arsenal’s 4-1 Win Over Sunderland
A routine win made easier by a Sunderland side that clearly had their minds on next weeks Capital One Cup final, but we still played well, particularly in the first half and we scored a couple of lovely goals.
Here are my ratings:
Szczesny – 6.5/10 – Had nothing to do in the first half but made a decent early save in second half to deny Borini and another from Ki, but he punched when he should have caught a cross which led to their consolation.
Sagna – 7.5/10 – Showed his versatility as he was forced to play at right-back in the first half, left-back for a short while before moving to centre-back. He played well in all three positions.
Mertesacker – 7/10 – Not his busiest afternoon but he made some important blocks and interceptions.
Koscielny – 7.5/10 – Superb header for the fourth goal. Really deserved a goal at the Emirates as it’s been a while. Limped off but hopefully it was nothing too serious.
Monreal – 6.5/10 – Solid in the first half before being withdrawn at half time. Again, hopefully it’s nothing serious.
Arteta – 7/10 – Comfortable afternoons work as he kept things moving and easily won the midfield battle.
Wilshere – 8/10 – Lovely inter-play for the opening goal and was involved in the sensational third. Looking back to his best but he was limping near the end. Hopefully it was just cramp.
Rosicky – 7.5/10 – Nice lay off to Wilshere in build up for opener and superb chipped finish for the third after some lovely build up play.
Cazorla – 7/10 – Grabbed an assist for the fourth with a decent corner and was tidy in possession.
Podolski – 6.5/10 – Went close to scoring with a thunderous left-footed strike that was well saved by Mannone but didn’t really take his chance to shine during a rare 90 minutes.
Giroud – 8.5/10 – Back from his two-game ‘rest’ and was excellent. Lovely finish for the opener and great anticipation to pounce on the short back pass for the second. Also grabbed a superb assist for the third.
Jenkinson – 6/10 – Always eager to get forward.
Flaimini – 6/10 – On at left-back and did his job.
Gnabry – 6.5/10 – Looked lively. Had a good chance to add a fifth but poor touch and slip saw his weak effort saved.
The win see us move back to within a single point of Chelsea after they luckily beat 1-0 Everton earlier today, while we stay two clear of Man City who also won 1-0 against Stoke.
What were your ratings from the game?