- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Mesut Ozil Left Out Of Arsenal Squad For Sunderland Clash
Mesut Ozil has been left out of the Arsenal squad for today’s clash with Sunderland, according to reports today.
The German has been suffering from a dip in form of late and his confidence hit a new low when he missed a vital penalty against Bayern Munich with the score still at 0-0 on Wednesday night. You could see his head was down following the miss and he put in a poor display for the remainder of the match.
Ozil was subsequently given the day off training on Friday and told to rest to help him recover not only physically, but also mentally, after playing four games in just 11 days. The 25-year-old was one of only three players, along with Mertesacker and Koscielny, who played the full 90 minutes of the last three games.
Arsene Wenger hinted that he might leave Ozil out after the Bayern game but many newspaper thought he’d still be on the bench. However, Goal is claiming that the German has been left out entirely.
The teams are expected to be announced at 2pm, so we’ll find out soon if the report is accurate or not….