- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
TEAM NEWS: Wenger Gives Latest Injury News Ahead Of Sunderland
Arsene Wenger has given a team news update ahead of our clash with Sunderland tomorrow.
The bad news is Kieran Gibbs has been ruled out after picking up a buttock problem against Bayern Munich on Wednesday night, so Nacho Monreal will have to fill in at left-back.
Thankfully we didn’t pick up and other injuries from the Munich game so Gibbsy joins Aaron Ramsey, Thomas Vermaelen, Theo Walcott, Kim Kallstrom and Abou Diaby on the sidelines.
Mikel Arteta will return from his European suspension and I’d expect the Spaniard to come straight back in to the midfield tomorrow.
The boss has also confirmed that he’ll rotate his squad a little bit following Wednesday’s tough game. Here’s what he told Arsenal.com:
on changes from the Bayern game…
In terms of injuries, we have Gibbs (buttock) definitely out for the weekend. Nobody else is coming back apart from Arteta who is back from suspension – he will be available. That should be the squad.
on rotating his side…
There will be changes – that’s for sure. How many I don’t know yet. I have to decide today after training and tonight.
I’ll have my preferred starting line-up up on the site soon, until then what team would you play versus Sunderland?