- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
Arsenal Handed Ramsey Injury Boost
According to reports today, Arsenal have been handed a boost with Aaron Ramsey being given the all-clear to step up his rehabilitation from a thigh injury.
The Welshman has been on the sidelines since picking up a thigh injury against West Ham on Boxing Day. He was initially ruled out for four weeks and was on the verge of making a return to action when he suffered a set back in training at the end of January.
Arsene Wenger said publicly that it would be at least four to six weeks before Ramsey would return, but privately there were fears among the clubs medical staff that he could be out for even longer as they were struggling to find the route cause of the problem.
However, the Daily Mail are reporting that Rambo has been given the all-clear to step up his recovery programme after having a fresh scan on the injury following his return from a weeks warm-weather training in Dubai.
The 23-year-old is now targetting a return to action against Chelsea on the 22nd March, which would make it almost three months since he last featured for the first team.
It was a cruel blow when Ramsey suffered his set back and we’ve certainly missed his energy, not to mention his goals, in midfield in recent weeks, so it’s going to be a huge boost when he’s available again.