- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
- 6 Arsenal players named in the Champions League Team of the Week
- [Tweets] Ozil, Ox & more: Arsenal players celebrate after CL win
- [Video] Mesut Ozil arrives home with his hat-trick match ball
Report: Wenger Eyeing £8m ‘Ozil Successor’
According to reports today, Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is interested in signing Wolfsburg’s highly-rated attacking midfielder Maximilian Arnold.
The 19-year-old has been impressing in the Bundesliga this season and it seems he’s now caught the eye of Arsenal with Wenger understood to be keeping tabs on the player ahead of a potential summer move.
The Mirror claim that the boss is keen to sign Arnold and views him as Mesut Ozil’s ‘successor’. Although I’m not sure why we need a ‘successor’ for a 25-year-old who’s not going anywhere anytime soon, but could be a decent back-up.
Arnold is a huge talent who’s represented Germany at every youth level and is now playing for the under-21′s, despite being just 19. He’s even being tipped as an outsider to make Joachim Low’s World Cup squad.
Juventus are also tracking the attacker and he’s available for a very reasonable price as his contract – which expires in 2015 – has an £8m buy-out clause inserted into it.
Wenger recently confirmed that he’s upped his scouting in Germany as they seem to be producing the best talent so it’s very possible we could add to our German contingent this summer.
Obviously Julian Draxler is another exciting young attacker we’ve been strongly linked with, but I just hope Arnold isn’t being targetted as a cheaper option. If we really do want Draxler we should just pay the going rate, not buy a lesser version.
Do you think we should pay big money for Draxler, or go for a cheaper option like Arnold?