- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
Report: Arsenal ‘In Talks’ Over Striker Signing
Anyone heard of Ayoze Perez? Well according to reports today, Arsenal are in talks with his club Tenerife about a potential £7m deal to sign him this summer.
The 20-year-ld striker has been doing extremely well in the Spanish second division this season, scoring 10 goals in 21 appearances so far.
Real Madrid were reportedly keen on signing him in January but were told by Tenerife that he would be staying at the club until at least this summer, while Manchester City have also been linked with him recently.
However, the Metro are claiming that Arsenal are now leading the chase for his signature after Arsene Wenger apparently held talks with the Spanish side and asked them to name their price for the young attacker.
I don’t for one minute believe that Wenger actually told them to ‘name their price’, but it’s interesting to know that we’re in talks to try and buy Perez, if this reports proves to be accurate of course.
I must admit I don’t know too much about the lad but from what I’ve seen in my 5 minutes of research he’s a quick, skillful striker who has an eye for goal, but I don’t think he’ll be ready to command a first team place immediately at Arsenal.
The newspaper suggests Tenerife want £7m for him, which would be a speculative punt if we agreed to pay that kind of money. We obviously need a striker this summer, and maybe even two if Bendtner goes, so Perez could be seen as a replacement for the Dane and not our ‘main’ striker signing.
However, is he any better than Joel Campbell or Yaya Sanogo? I’m not convinced, so maybe the £7m would be better spent elsewhere in the squad.