- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
Wenger Offers Team News Update Ahead Of Man Utd Clash
Arsenal will look to put a disappointing weekend behind them as we welcome Manchester United to the Emirates Stadium tomorrow night.
The 5-1 thrashing by Liverpool on Saturday was a huge set back but we’ve got the perfect opportunity to get back on track against the beleaguered defending champions.
Arsene Wenger has been speaking at his press conference this morning and gave the latest team news for the game.
Thankfully we didn’t pick up any more injuries on Saturday, so we have a very similar squad to choose from. The boss confirmed Thomas Vermaelen is still out with a knee injury and offered no hint as to when he’ll be available again.
It’s a curious case as Vermaelen was due back weeks ago but suddenly things have gone quiet so he’s either had a set back, or he’s had a falling out with Wenger. The former is almost certainly the case.
Aaron Ramsey is also still out with a thigh injury and he joins Theo Walcott and Abou Diaby on the sidelines.
The other piece of news is that young striker Yaya Sanogo is back in the squad after recovering from injury and playing for the under-21′s last week. The French forward has missed practically the entire season so far and it will be interesting to see what impact, if any, he can have during the closing stages of the campaign.
I think we need to make some changes after the Anfield horror-show with Kieran Gibbs and Tomas Rosicky the two most likely to come in. My preferred XI will be up later….
Wenger: "We have no injuries from Saturday and we have Sanogo available as well. Vermaelen and Ramsey still out." #afc
— James Olley (@JamesOlley) February 11, 2014