- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
TEAM: My Preferred Arsenal Starting XI vs Man Utd – Ozil Dropped?
Manchester United visit the capital tomorrow for a vital clash at the Emirates Stadium. Arsene Wenger has called for a response from the Arsenal players following our disastrous 5-1 defeat to Liverpool on Saturday afternoon, and let’s hope he gets it. Here’s my team:
Goalkeeper: No contest. Wojceich Szczesny will start the game. The Pole was unlucky to be on the wrong end of a 5-1 battering last time out, so let’s hope he gets better protection tomorrow.
Defence: Thomas Vermaelen remains out through injury but he wouldn’t have started anyway as Per and Kos have the centre-back positions nailed on, despite their poor showing at Anfield. Bacary Sagna is also a dead-cert to start but I’d like to see Kieran Gibbs come in for Nacho Monreal for this game. I’m not sure why Arsene has left Gibbsy out in recent weeks, but it’s time he’s recalled.
Midfield: Aaron Ramsey is still injured and Mathieu Flamini serves the third game of his suspension so we have little options in the middle of the park. Mikel Arteta looked knackered on Saturday and Wilshere didn’t look 100% match fit either but they’re going to have to soldier on for this game.
Attack: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain wasn’t as affective out on the right on Saturday and things clearly weren’t working in the attacking third. So I’d like to see Tomas Rosicky brought in and I’d also try playing Mesut Ozil out on the right side. I’ve seen several fans call for the German to be dropped after his disappointing display against Liverpool but he’s being used as a scapegoat and is far too talented to leave out the starting eleven for a game of this magnitude.
Ozil was impressive playing on the right in the second half against Southampton and he might find he has a little more space out wide, so why not give it a go. It would also allow Santi Cazorla the chance to play in his preferred central role. The three behind Giroud can, and often do, rotate throughout the game anyway so these positions aren’t fixed.
So here’s the team I’d go with:
This team is more than capable of beating a poor United side tomorrow. I’ll be extremely disappointed if we fail to pick up the three points as we won’t have a better chance to put one over the champions.
What do you think of my team? What would your’s be?