- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
Arsenal Eye £20m Ace As Sagna Replacement – Report
Arsenal have once again been linked with a move for Everton’s £20m-rated defender Seamus Coleman as Arsene Wenger lines-up potential replacements for Bacary Sagna.
Unfortunately, it’s looking more and more likely that Sagna will be off when his contract expires at the end of the season as talks over an extension continue to stall.
The Frenchman is being offered much better terms by the likes of Monaco, PSG and Galatasaray and the longer these talks drag on without a breakthrough, the more it’s likely he’s going to leave.
So it makes sense that Arsene Wenger will be looking for potential replacements and one man who’s name is being linked of late is Seamus Coleman.
The 25-year-old is having an excellent season at right-back for Everton and understandably he’s attracting interest from some of the so-called big-boys.
According to reports, as well as Arsenal, Manchester United are also understood to be keeping a close eye on the Republic of Ireland international and while the Toffees will be reluctant to sell, some newspapers feel the cash-strapped Merseysiders may find it difficult to resist offers in the region of £20m.
Coleman was signed by David Moyes from Sligo Rovers in 2009 for just £60k, so they stand to make a HUGE profit if they do cash-in this summer.
Personally, I’d love to see Coleman sign for Arsenal if Sagna does end up leaving as he’s a hugely adventurous full-back and has a real eye for goal. He’s also got vast experience in the Premier League and is coming to the peak of his career, so I think he’d be a great addition.
Whether Arsene would be willing to pay around £20m for him is another question though…