- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
Chelsea + Man City Eye Sagna After He Tells Team Mates He’s Off
A bad weekend appears to have gotten worse for Arsenal with the Daily Star reporting that Bacary Sagna has told team mates he’s leaving after rejecting our latest contract offer.
The Frenchman is out of contract in the summer and talks over an extension have been in deadlock over the past few months.
The Star claim that Sagna is upset he wasn’t approached sooner about a new deal and is also unhappy that he hasn’t been rewarded for his loyalty after spurning the advances of Man City and Real Madrid in recent years.
Arsene Wenger has changed his rule of not usually offering players over 30 longer than one-year deals by offering Sagna – who turns 31 this week – a two-year extension but only on a small wage increase from his current £60,000-a-week salary.
However, the newspaper states that the right-back has rejected those terms and has made up his mind to leave in the summer, and has apparently already told team mates he’s off.
The likes of Galatasaray, Monaco and Inter Milan are willing to offer Sagna huge pay packets but the Star suggest that Chelsea and Manchester City are also ready to offer him the chance to remain in England.
Obviously it’s going to be a huge blow if Sagna leaves for nothing at the end of the season but it would really rub salt in the wound if he joined another Premier League team. Personalty, I don’t see it. He’s been fiercely loyal to Arsenal and I think he’ll head back to France and join either PSG or Monaco.
One man who is certain to depart this summer is Lukasz Fabianski with the goalkeeper confirming he has rejected our contract offer and will look to start a fresh challenge either in England or abroad when his current deal expires this summer.
“I want to be No.1 in the club and in the Polish national team. I have learned a lot at London during very positive and challenging periods.
“With biggest respect to this great club, I didn’t accept the extension offer as I am looking forward to a new challenge in England or abroad.” He told the press
Fabianski used to be something of a comical figure at the club with errors earning him the nickname ‘Flappyhandski’, but I actually think he’s improved greatly over the past 18 months and is a more than able deputy to Szczesny now.
But he knows he’s not going to be our No.1 and at 28, it’s time he forged a career as a first teamer elsewhere.